There are many treatments to relieve pain and stiffness and slow the development of your arthritis.
Work with your healthcare team to find a combination of treatments that best suits:
- your type of arthritis and the joints affected
- the amount of pain or other symptoms you experience, and its impact on your lifestyle.
A treatment program may include a combination of:
- Physical therapies including physiotherapy, occupational therapy and podiatry
- Medicines including prescription, non-prescription and complementary medicines
- Exercise, healthy eating, finding a balance between activity and rest
- Pain management techniques such as relaxation and meditation; and
- Emotional and social support
For more information refer to the following information sheets:
- Medicines and arthritis
- Complementary therapies
- Supplements and arthritis
- Physical activity
- Healthy Eating
- Massage and arthritis
Or to request your copy of ‘10 Steps to Living Well with Arthritis’ booklet, telephone the Arthritis Helpline on 1800 011 041.
“My key to managing my arthritis means balancing my physical activity and rest, eating well and being surrounded by supportive people”