Glucosamine and chondroitin
What are glucosamine and chondroitin?
Glucosamine and chondroitin are supplements that it is believed may be useful for people with osteoarthritis (OA), where there has been a breakdown of cartilage. It is thought that taking glucosamine and/or chondroitin supplements may relieve the pain and prevent or slow the breakdown of cartilage in OA. For more information about glucosamine and chondroitin including:
- Considerations before taking these supplements
- How do these supplements help arthritis?
- What does the research say?
- What is the recommended dosage?
- What are the possible risks?
Contact the Arthritis Helpline on 1800 011 041 to request your copy or download these resources for further reading: