About Arthritis & Osteoporosis Tasmania
Arthritis & Osteoporosis Tasmania is a not for profit (incorporated association) established in 1976, providing programs and services to support people with arthritis, osteoporosis and related conditions. As a small organisation we cannot achieve our vision alone. We need to work together with the Tasmanian Government, medical and allied health professionals, research institutions, other health NGOs, and the wider community, to ensure our impact is as broad as possible. For information on our range of community services download Our Services brochure.
A Registered Training Organisation (RTO Provider 60108) Arthritis & Osteoporosis Tasmania offers quality accredited training and professional development for healthcare professionals. Our training courses and community education modules, whether nationally recognised training (NRT) accredited or not, have all been developed by our educators in consultation with relevant peak and professional bodies, ensuring they contain the latest evidence based information and reflect current best practice.
Vision & Strategy
Arthritis & Osteoporosis Tasmania exists to make a positive difference to the lives of all Tasmanians affected by, or at risk of developing arthritis, osteoporosis and related conditions.
Our Strategic Priorities
- INFORMATION & SUPPORT
- WORKING TOGETHER
- ADVOCACY & INFLUENCE
- EFFECTIVE ORGANISATION
- We believe that people feel better when they have control of their own lives. All our services are geared towards helping people self-manage their own conditions through simple, practical and enjoyable steps.
- We understand the serious impact that arthritis and related conditions can have on people and offer our services with compassion and respect for each person’s unique experience and situation.
- Making the decision to seek assistance can be difficult. We offer a friendly voice and face to people who contact us.
- We value and appreciate the knowledge and willing help offered by of our volunteers, who are crucial to our work.
- As a Tasmanian organisation, we understand the unique mix of rural and urban communities that people with arthritis and osteoporosis live within. We keep a close eye on the availability of services state-wide and work with local communities as much as possible to provide services, train other providers or locate alternatives close by.
- We aim to make our services and programs accessible and easily available to everyone who needs them. Information sheets and booklets are free, and services and programs are offered at affordable prices.
- Healthy relationships and partnerships underpin our work. We are committed to working productively with others to bring about the best possible services for people with arthritis and osteoporosis, their families and carers, and health professionals and practitioners.
- There are many ways that the lives of people affected by arthritis and osteoporosis can be improved and there is growing evidence to support this. We offer programs that meet current professional standards and are of high quality.
- We aim to provide services according to our financial capabilities ensuring optimum utilisation of available funds and sustainability of the organisation.