About Arthritis & Osteoporosis Tasmania
Arthritis & Osteoporosis Tasmania is a not for profit (incorporated association) established in 1976, providing programs and services to support people with arthritis, osteoporosis and related conditions. The Foundation is governed by a skills-based Board of Directors and is supported by local rheumatologists, allied health professionals, one full time and three part time staff, and a large team of dedicated volunteers.
Vision & Strategy
Arthritis & Osteoporosis Tasmania exists to make a positive difference to the lives of all Tasmanians affected by, or at risk of developing arthritis, osteoporosis and related conditions.
Our Strategic Priorities Download Strategic Plan
- INFORMATION & SUPPORT
People with arthritis and osteoporosis have access to the information and support they need to minimize the impact of these conditions on their lives.
- SELF-MANAGEMENT & HEALTHY LIFESTYLES
People are aware that there are always positive assignment writing steps they can take in living with arthritis and osteoporosis.
- INFLUENCE & SUPPORT
Provide educational and training opportunities for GPs, health professionals and peer educators to enhance their capacity to prevent and reduce the impact of arthritis and osteoporosis.
- AWARENESS & UNDERSTANDING
The prevalence and impact of arthritis and osteoporosis is better and more widely understood.
- EFFECTIVE ORGANISATION
Arthritis & Osteoporosis Tasmania is well governed and remains relevant, viable and sustainable.
- We believe that people feel better when they have control of their own lives. All our services are geared towards helping people self-manage their own conditions through simple, practical and enjoyable steps.
- We understand the serious impact that arthritis and related conditions can have on people and offer our services with compassion and respect for each person’s unique experience and situation.
- Making the decision to seek assistance can be difficult. We offer a friendly voice and face to people who contact us.
- We value and appreciate the knowledge and willing help offered by of our volunteers, who are crucial to our work.
- As a Tasmanian organisation, we understand the unique mix of rural and urban communities that people with arthritis and osteoporosis live within. We keep a close eye on the availability of services state-wide and work with local communities as much as possible to provide services, train other providers or locate alternatives close by.
- We aim to make our services and programs accessible and easily available to everyone who needs them. Information sheets and booklets are free, and services and programs are offered at affordable prices.
- Healthy relationships and partnerships underpin our work. We are committed to working productively with others to bring about the best possible services for people with arthritis and osteoporosis, their families and carers, and health professionals and practitioners.
- There are many ways that the lives of people affected by arthritis and osteoporosis can be improved and there is growing evidence to support this. We offer programs that meet current professional standards and are of high quality.
- We aim to provide services according to our financial capabilities ensuring optimum utilisation of available funds and sustainability of the organisation.